View Technical Information on:
- Avian Influenza
- Chemistry of Hydrocarbons
- Do masks really work?
- Decomposition of Low Level Ozone in the Urban Environment
- Pollen Calendar
- SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
- Understanding OEL
- Swine Influenza (Flu) H1N1 virus
Swine Influenza (Flu) H1N1 virus
The following information is for people who have concerns about the current flu strain and how best to protect themselves from it.
A virus is a micro-organism smaller than a bacteria. It invades living cells and uses their chemical machinery to keep itself alive and to replicate itself. Viruses cause many common human infections, and are also responsible for a number of diseases.
It is usually carried on water droplets (moisture in the air) and dust particles in the air. It can also be transferred from person to person by coming into contact with viral material left on a surface by an infected individual.
In the case of person to person contact regular hand washing is recommended to reduce the risk of infection.
In the case of airborne viral matter the use of a face mask is recommended.
The two most important most characteristics of a mask are as follows:
1. It should effectively seal around the nose and mouth, otherwise unfiltered air will pass through gaps in the seal; this is known as ‘inward leakage’.
2. The mask should have a Hepa-type filter. This type of filter will filter out submicron particulates including water droplets and dust particles.
Respro® face masks, in particular the Aero Allergy, the Sportsta, the FB-1 and the Techno masks all include the Hepa-type filters. They come in two sizes (FB-1 three sizes) to ensure a good fit and, provided they are worn correctly, will provide screening from airborne viral material. We also provide the EV mask range which are suitable for infection control like the current Swine Flu virus. Please click here for further information in these masks.'
Should any information be required you can email our technical department on email@example.com.
GO TO SHOPPING BASKET
0 items - Total £0.00